OBSERVATIONS Episode # 47
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Marcus is a recent graduate from the University of Nevada, Reno. He is a four year recipient of the Nevada Broadcasters Foundation Bonnici Scholarship. And he recently was hired to do sports reporting at Lotus Radio, Las Vegas.
Rabbi Brad Tecktiel and Jolie Brislin
Rabbi Tecktiel is the spiritual leader of Midbar Kodesh Temple in Henderson, Nevada. Jolie Brislin is the Regional Director of the Anti-Defamation League — Nevada Chapter.
Today on OBSERVATIONS we addressed the violent white racist / anti-Semitic rally held earlier this week in Charlottesville, Virginia. This was an event that Time Magazine labeled their front page cover story, “HATE IN AMERICA”. The story discussed “the igniting a battle for America’s soul”.
At the age of 23, Marcus established the outline for episode # 132.
1. The event itself: “I was not shocked!”
2. The American culture of hatred: Defined as “an atmosphere of fear”.
3. Setting the stage: the language of the Trump Campaign.
4. Responses from the Black Community.
5. Facebook conversations: Defined as “Disturbing”.
During the first half-hour Rabbi Tecktiel joined us by telephone. During the second half-hour ADL’s Jolie Brislin joined us by telephone.
6. How do we lessen the radical and militant divide?
— Stop labeling.
— Lessen the anger.
— Become accountable with our words.
— Change the culture.