Vegas OBSERVATIONS (From left to right)
- Mike Naft, District 1 Director for Representative Dina Titus;
- Tom Axtell, General Manager of Vegas PBS;
- Dave Thorson, President of the Las Vegas Rotary Club;
- Zach Miles, Associate Vice President of the UNLV Office of Econoic Development; Dale Davidson, President and General Manager of KNBX TV and President of Dale Wynn Davidson Ministries;
- Myra Berkovitz, Education Specialist, Sperling Kronberg Mack Holocaust Resource Center; and
- Mike Bindrup, Project Manager of the UNLV Small Business Development Center
Vegas OBSERVATIONS — Episode 23 brought a very eclectic group of panelists together to talk about the Anti-Semitic hate crimes that have attacked a number of cities around the United States including Las Vegas. Jewish Community Centers have received bomb threats and Jewish cemeteries have had tombstones desecrated.
A second topic highlighted the extraordinary community partnership and work of Vegas PBS. Vegas PBS has documented the stories of Holocaust survivors living in Las Vegas. The videos were edited into a regional Emmy-winning program, then reedited into short clips tied to curriculum for use in public schools. PBS also broadcasts history programs throughout the year that deal with the horrors of Nazi Germany.
A third topic included the remarkable UNLV Harry Reid Research & Technology Park being developed on the west side of Las Vegas. This will be a 122-acre fully master planned business / research / and technology community. “The path to Mars will be through UNLV!”
And the fourth topic that tied everything together, is the philosophy behind the Las Vegas Rotary Club: “Service Before Self”.